The Tanzek Media blog is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Many of us have used Pinterest to find the perfect recipe, DIY, or natural remedy. However, it can easily get left out of businesses’ marketing plans. If you are looking to increase traffic to your website, and light a fire under those leads, you will definitely want to learn more about Using Pinterest To Increase Pageviews.
Post may contain affiliate links. Disclosure can be viewed here.
Here are some Pinterest stats according to Omnicore:
- Monthly active users: 250 million
- Total number of pins: 175 billion+
- Total number of Pinterest boards: 3 billion+
- 81% of users are females
- Millennials use Pinterest as much as Instagram
- Over 5% of all referral traffic to websites come from Pinterest
- 80% of users access Pinterest through a mobile device
- 2/3 of pins represent brands and products
- 93% of active pinners said they use Pinterest to plan for purchases and 87% said they’ve purchased something because of Pinterest.
So . . . how can YOU use Pinterest to increase your pageviews?
- Make sure you sign up for a business account : having a business account will give you access to perks such as analytics, and rich pins.
- Pin description: Tell your readers what your pin is about. Use relevant keywords to describe your pin in a couple of sentences. Don’t forget to include a call to action in your pin description such as: “click to learn more” or “click here to become a . . .”
- Post at peak times: Use apps like Tailwind to assist with pinning during peak times.
- Create vertical pins: Pins that are longer are more favorable on Pinterest. You can use Canva to design a vertical pin that is pleasing to the eye.
- Use text in your image: Create an attention-grabbing image by overlaying text to drive traffic back to your website. Look at how Tanzek Media used this technique to create our pinnable image.
- Join group boards: Find group boards to join in your niche, to get more eyeballs on your content.
- Include a pinnable image in every blog post: Make sure you have a pinnable image in every blog post, and don’t forget to include a Pinterest share button!
For daily social media updates and content marketing tips, follow @tanzekmedia on Instagram and Facebook