The Tanzek Media blog is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
NFT games are a brand-new development in the bitcoin community. After non-fungible tokens (NFTs) gained popularity last year, developers began to create interactive apps where users could make real money.
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about cryptocurrency games in 2022, including their variations and how to build up a consistent income without pausing the game.
What are crypto games exactly?
The Blockchain verifies the legitimacy and uniqueness of the digital assets players can acquire through crypto games. Additionally, users are free to trade or sell this property within the game and on outside markets.
What does it resemble in real life? Think of any aspect of the Pokemon franchise as an illustration. Assume that every Pokemon in the game is a unique NFT with a specific value and that its owner has complete control over the creature, including the option to swap it for another or sell it. Additionally, a Pokemon’s price may increase or drop based on its skill level and evolution stage, and some of them may be given away for free when specific tasks and goals are completed.
It’s important to keep in mind that you’ll have to pay for your first conditional “Pokemon ” in the majority of current NFT games (but not all) (a map in a TCG, a plot in a farming simulator, a vehicle in motorsports, etc.). As a result, checking numerous reviews to ensure a project is reliable before putting your cryptocurrency in it is a good idea.
The advantages and disadvantages of NFT games
Among the clear benefits are the following:
- The vast majority of the well-known and well-tested bitcoin-based games and activities (there are currently hundreds of them) are transparent. As a result, there is less chance of cheating between players and developers.
- Non-fungible tokens acquired through gaming can be purchased and sold both within the game and on NFT trading platforms. For instance, rare weapons in shooters, player cards in soccer games, equipment in role-playing games, and other items have intrinsic value outside of the games in which they are used.
- Developers receive useful feedback. Users’ actions immediately affect the internal economy of NFT games. Thus the projects’ creators consider their requests and update the smart contract protocol as soon as possible. Even more decentralised administration is present in some crypto games, with non-fungible token holders voting on all changes.
- The most obvious advantage is the commercialization of time. NFT games are so enticing because almost every action has a financial reward.
Want assistance making a game? The game animation firm Whimsygames may be a reliable support system at any point in the game’s development.
Of course, there are flaws in the system as well as certain drawbacks:
- The first and most obvious issue with NFT games is their terrible design and gameplay. Most of them are similar to browser games from the previous decade because regular NFT enthusiasts frequently create them rather than well-known game designers. Therefore, it should not be assumed that such activities will lead to discoveries in the gameplay or the storyline (but gradually, this problem is being solved, and more serious companies have taken up the NFT game development).
- Most current NFT games use the Ethereum blockchain, which is notorious for its slow and expensive transactions. This significantly impacts both in-game activities and the buying and selling of unique items outside of games. There are alternatives, of course, but they are currently few and far between.
NFT games are a logical development of blockchain technology, and 2022 is not likely to be their final year. Before, there was a tempting “play to earn” model. Still, it lacked organisation and practicality (just think of the MMORPG players who made a fortune by levelling heroes on other people’s accounts). With the newfound popularity of this format and the enormous interest that major game publishers are showing in NFT, it is very probable that in the not-too-distant future, it will surpass the popularity of digital marketplaces like GOG and Steam.